This is my absolute favorite dessert! It satisfies on so many levels – rich chocolate flavor, creamy avocado smoothness and enough sweetness to please any sweet tooth. Plus, it’s packed with fiber, magnesium and potassium. It’s the perfect dessert for everyone – low glycemic impact, dairy-, soy-, and gluten-free.
- Soak dates in warm water for about 5 minutes.
- While dates soak, cut and remove pit from each avocado. Scoop out the fruit and mash in a large bowl.
- Place pitted dates, maple syrup, and vanilla extract in food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add mashed avocado and cacao powder and process until the texture is smooth and creamy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add water and process until desired texture is reached. (Add less water for thick mousse; add more water for pudding texture.)
- Store in a closed container and chill.