I had a craving for wings but didn’t have any on hand. But I had purchased organic chicken drumsticks while they were on sale. Viola! Large chicken drummies. It was so simple and tasty I will be stocking up on drumsticks when they are on sale again which have more meat and are juicier than wings. You can sauce them as you wish but today I made a honey Old Bay flavor. See my previous recipe post on Old Bay, one of my favorite seasonings.
- Cook chicken in steamer basket or steam oven for 10 minutes.
If using a steamer basket, bring water to a boil before adding the chicken and then reduce to medium, If using a steam oven, follow manufacturer's directions.
- Remove the chicken and pat dry. Set on tray lined with paper towels and refrigerate for an hour or until cool.
- Preheat the oven to 425⁰ F.
- Roast chicken on middle rack of oven for 20 minutes and then turn over and cook 20 minutes more or until meat is cooked through and the skin is golden brown.
- While the chicken is roasting, melt the butter in a small pan.
- Stir in honey and Old Bay.
- Remove the wings from the oven.
- Transfer chicken to the bowl and toss with the honey sauce.
- Serve warm.