Story about the recipe: My father used to make a version of this at his Mexican restaurant when I was growing up. I always looked forward the tartness that it added to food. I made my version raw, but you can also cook the tomatillos.
- 10 green tomatillos ( or little green tomatoes)
- ¼ cup of water
- ½ tablespoon of Himalayan Sea Salt
- Optional: 2 tablespoons of avocado
- Wash and peel the tomatillos, sanitize if you have to.
- Peel a garlic clove.
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender or food processor. Blend and voila!
Makes an excellent dip for natural chips and a great sauce for just about anything.
Double or triple the above portions the larger the family is.