This is a great to-go recipe. Make it ahead of time and take it with you in the morning. This way there’s no excuse not to have breakfast or make that trip to the drive-thru. Use can use fresh or frozen spinach. When spinach is in season, it is always best to buy it fresh from a local farm where you are familiar with the farmer and the farm’s way of growing.
- 10 oz. spinach, chopped (fresh or frozen)
- 3 large eggs and 3 egg whites (for volume)
- ¾ cup mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup diced red pepper
- ½ cup diced onion
- Line 12 muffin tins with baking cups moistened with butter.
- Squeeze excess water from spinach.
- Whisk eggs.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Fill baking cups ⅔ full.
- Bake at 350⁰ F for 20 minutes, until center is firm.
Make ahead and freeze in individual portions.