Historically, Frankincense was used as Holy oil in the Middle East. It was used during sacrificial ceremonies to help improve communication with the creator. It is used to alleviate a variety of health conditions, nervous conditions, respiratory problems, prevent scarring, sores, stress, tension, and so much more.
Frankincense is made from steam distillation from gum/resin obtained from Boswellia trees.
The properties of Frankincense are:
- Immune stimulant
Frankincense is used to:
- Promote cellular health and immunity
- Rejuvenate skin and reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks
- Therapeutically tested as a potential treatment for many health conditions
When Frankincense is diffused it helps to focus energy, minimize distractions, and improve concentration, eases hyperactivity, impatience, irritability, and restlessness and can help enhance spiritual awareness and meditation. Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
How to apply Frankincense:
- Topically – Can be applied with no dilution to reflex points and directly on area of concern.
- Aromatically – Diffuse frankincense essential oil.
- Internally – Dilute one drop oil in 1 tsp. honey or 4 oz. of beverage.
- Rub Frankincense on your hands to promote a normal inflammatory response
- Can be applied to the bottoms of feet to relax and balance mood swings
- Try applying a drop of Frankincense to strengthen weak fingernails.
Safety precautions using Frankincense
Do not use as dietary supplement for children under 6 years old. Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.