Eucalyptus trees are tall, evergreen trees that grow up to 50 feet in height and are sometimes referred to as Gum Trees. The main chemical components of Eucalyptus radiata are eucalyptol and alpha-terpineol, making it an ideal oil to promote clear breathing and respiratory function, and to use on sore muscles. Eucalyptus has purifying properties that can be beneficial for the skin and for cleansing surfaces and the air. Studies have shown that Eucalyptus is effective in helping to lessen anxiety and supporting a healthy inflammatory response. Eucalyptus can be found in mouth rinses to freshen breath and promote oral health.
Eucalyptus is steam distillation from leaves.
The properties of Eucalyptus:
How to apply Eucalyptus:
- Topically – Can be applied neat (with no dilution), or dilute 1:1 (1 drop essential oil to 1 drop carrier oil) for children and for those with sensitive skin when using it topically. Apply to reflex points and/or directly on area of concern.
- Aromatically – Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Combine with Lemon and Peppermint in a spray bottle for an effective cleaning spray.
- Mix with a carrier oil and rub on chest to assist with clear breathing.
- While showering, place a few drops in the hands, place over nose and inhale deeply to clear the mind and promote clear breathing.
- Assists with clear breathing
- Supports overall respiratory health
- Soothes tired, sore muscles
- Purifying and cleansing properties