If you’re like me and don’t eat grains, then easy substitutions are necessary to recreate certain recipes. You can use this recipe to make the cauliflower rice as a side dish or or increase the amount of cauliflower to use it for a pizza crust. Cauliflower is very versatile. You can even puree it to use as a substitute for flour in pancakes.
What are your favorite ways to use cauliflower as a substitute for other items?
- 1 medium head cauliflower, grated or chopped very finely in a food processor
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (optional)
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat. Add the oil and let it melt.
- Add the cauliflower, and saute on medium heat for about 12-15 minutes. Stir very frequently to prevent burning and for even cooking.
- Cook until soft but still firm, like the texture of rice. Optionally, you can cover the skillet while cooking.
- Add additional olive oil or butter, if desired, salt, pepper and dried or fresh herbs.
- Enjoy with curries or other favorite dishes that use rice.
Vegan: Dairy, Gluten and Soy Free
Vegan: Nightshade, Gluten, Dairy and Soy-Free
Nightshade, Dairy, Gluten and Soy-Free
Gluten, Dairy and Soy-Free
Gluten and Casein-Free
7 Common Allergen-Free
Weston A. Price/Traditional Foods