You can have your breakfast pancakes without wheat flour and still enjoy that special taste. I would have these once in a while as a treat. Add some fresh berries to the top to get a healthy dose of antioxidants.
Recipe type: Grains
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups almond milk
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1¾ cups almond or coconut flour
- ½ cup almonds, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon non-aluminum gluten-free baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Mix egg, milk and oil in a medium-size bowl.
- Mix flour, almonds, baking powder and salt into a small bowl.
- Combine dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Using a ¼ - ½ cup measuring cup drop pancakes onto a lightly oiled skillet and cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve warm with organic maple syrup or honey.