Prior to this site, I started my journey to an overall healthier lifestyle while recording it on another blog. I have had my triumphs, some funny adventures and of course, some silly mistakes. I’ve spent the last year working on my transformation. The theme of my journey is progress not perfection. I am not expecting perfection from myself. I am striving for overall progress; slow and easy continuous progress.
These are the changes I have made to date.
- No processed foods
- No processed sugars
- Eat only whole foods
- No foods on my allergy list
After a while I noticed other things that I was doing that are also unhealthy. I continued to use hair color, nail polish, deodorant, clothing fabrics, body lotions, face creams that weren’t healthy choices. Vanity is preventing immediate changes in everything. I am working toward it though.
- I switched my deodorant to a homemade deodorant however the jury is still out if this is the final product I’ll use.
- I have given up gel nails. There are still polishes available for use. Right now I am going without until I can research it further.
- I have a natural tendency toward “real” fabrics like cotton, wool, linen and silk. Removing the polyester from the closet is an easy fix.
- I use dōTERRA natural products for hair and face care. I’m using the Salon Essentials Shampoo and Conditioner. I love that is has natural essential oils and other botanicals that leave my hair soft and shiny without stripping out the natural oils.
- I try to stay away from all chemical cleaners. I will post all of recipes for natural cleaning products on my blog to share with you.
I have my hands full with the food changes and stress relief. I am committed to making gradual changes in my life as I find the need. I believe that it is a mistake to take on more than what we can reasonably handle. Again it is important to be realistic with ourselves and practice slow growth and betterment. My goal going into the new year is to complete successfully “one thing at a time.”
Now that a whole foods lifestyle is comfortable and natural, my main goal is to eliminate stress. I will continue to add one new recipes to my collection and learn from all my new sources.
My main focus will be to relieve stress with the following:
- Pinpoint the things that cause stress in my life by daily journaling and then going back and highlighting anything stressful in my day.
- Continuing daily exercise of 20-30 minutes a day and increase it when I feel ready.
- Praying and spending daily quiet time with God.
- Focusing on my primary “food” over secondary food. Continued daily learning, reading and spiritual growth. This is where the Circle of Life (image) comes in. I need to make certain I am getting all of the primary food I need. Just as I need food to nourish my body, I need primary foods to nourish my spirit and soul.
- Very limited political news.
- Very limited television.
- Quiet time with my husband after dinner and not making work a priority.
- Community contribution and involvement through my church and other local organizations.
- Steps to reduce stress in my business by eliminating stressful associations and relying more on trusted and reliable people.
- Eliminating unnecessary household items, possessions and people in my life.
I know that I have a lot on my list. Who would have ever thought that eliminating stress in our lives would have so many opportunities!
Please share your resolutions or opportunities for change by replying to this post.