Turmeric has powerful antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and detoxification properties. It improves digestion and supports healthy joint function. It can help relieve an upset stomach. Similarly, It has been shown to help improve osteoarthritis pain. It can be used both internally or externally. Indian woman are known to use it as a facial cleanser or exfoliant.
Ginger is also used to treat an upset stomach. It offers pain relief from arthritis or muscle soreness. It is commonly used to help with various respiratory problems. Combing these two powerful spices into a tea makes for a healing drink that is very satisfying.
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 6 drops stevia liquid
- Add the almond milk to small saucepan and heat gently until it reaches room temperature.
- Add the turmeric and ginger to a mug.
- Pour a small amount of warm milk into the mug and stir to create a liquid paste, ensuring there are no lumps.
- Add the remaining milk.
- Sweeten with stevia.