This is my family’s favorite zucchini bread. I’ve tweaked it over the years to make it gluten-free and limit the amount of sugar. But sometimes a treat is just too good to pass up. Even though I don’t have grains in my regular diet, I will break down and have a piece of this zucchini bread – just because it’s that good!
- Cut zucchini into 1" sections, mince in food processor.
If zucchini doesn't have enough water content to make it liquify, add 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil to process.
- Beat eggs thoroughly in stand mixer.
- Add sugar, beat well.
- Add zucchini, oil and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Mix dry ingredients separately then add dry mixture to wet mixture, ½ cup at a time while mixer is running.
- Beat for an additional 2 minutes
- Place in 2 well-greased loaf pans.
I greased my pans with coconut oil since it's already in the recipe.
- Bake at 325⁰ F for 1 hour 15 minutes (or until a toothpick comes clean in the middle of the loaf).
- Wrap in foil to freeze. Will keep up to 3 weeks.
I never get the chance to freeze mine because everyone descends on it right away!
1. Mince zucchini until it’s almost liquified.
2. Add eggs to mixer as the base of the dough and then mix in sugar thoroughly.
3. Add zucchini, oil and vanilla.
4. Mix the dry ingredients separately. Then add by 1/2 cup increments to the wet mixture.
5. Pour mixture into 2 well-greased pans. [Hint: I “bang” the pans on the counter to release the air bubbles.]
6. Eat plain or top with butter or cream cheese.