With the advent of the new CSA season, the new recipes are being developed. This season began with Pac Choi and Tatsoi. Pac Choi (bok choy) is a Chinese cabbage that’s nutrient dense – high in Vitamins A and C and potassium. Totsoi is also known as spinach or spoon mustard and is another type of cabbage also in the Brassica family. It’s loaded with vitamin C, carotenoids, folate, calcium and potassium.
This quick and easy to prepare meal can be made in less than 15 minutes after prep time. Have your chicken cut up in advance and this meal will be on the table in no time flat.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ pounds chicken, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, freshly minced
- 1 head of Pac Choi, chopped
- 1 head of Totsoi, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of gluten-free soy sauce
- Juice of 1 orange
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a wok over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook until almost done, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook 1 minute.
- Add Pac Choi, Totsoi, soy sauce and freshly squeezed orange juice and cook 3 to 5 minutes until greens are slightly wilted but stalks are crispy but tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
After everything is cooked, I pack meals for the week in covered glass containers. They’re easy to transport for lunches and reheat well. Make sure you add a little of the sauce into every container to keep it moist and flavorful.