Sandalwood essential oil delivers a variety of benefits, including smoothing skin and enhancing moods. With thousands of years of documented use, this oil has a high value to many users. Hawaiian Sandalwood has a rich, sweet, woody aroma that instills calmness and well-being, making it a perfect oil to incorporate into massage or aromatherapy. Sandalwood is very soothing and nourishing to the skin, making it highly sought after in body and skin care products. Hawaiian Sandalwood can reduce the appearance of scars, blemishes, and stretch marks while providing an overall youthful-looking complexion. In addition to being soothing and nourishing to the skin, Hawaiian Sandalwood provides these same effects to the mind, helping to reduce stress and tension and promote emotional well-being.
Sandalwood is steam distilled from wood.
The properties of Sandalwood:
When diffused Sandalwood it helps calm, harmonize and balance the emotions. It may help enhance meditation.
How to apply Sandalwood:
- Topically – Can be applied neat (with no dilution) when used topically. Apply to reflex points of the feet and/or directly on area of concern.
- Aromatically – Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Internally – Dilute one drop oil in 1 tsp. honey or 4 oz. of beverage. Not for children under 6 years old
- Diffuse or apply to the neck and shoulders at bedtime for a restful night’s sleep.
- Add 1–2 drops to your favorite moisturizer or night cream for smooth, glowing skin.
- Add 1–2 drops to a hot bath to promote relaxation and reduce stress.
- Promotes healthy, smooth skin
- Reduces the appearance of scars and blemishes
- Enhances mood
- Frequently used in meditation for its grounding and uplifting properties