A good way to stabilize your blood sugar is to remove refined carbs from your diet. With that in mind, revisit a simple taco-type recipe and use lettuce to replace prepared taco shells and viola – you have lettuce wraps with all the great Mexican fillings. Once you start to make these simple changes, you will get inspired to make your own.
- Butter Lettuce or iceberg lettuce for lettuce cup
- Black beans
- Cooked quinoa or brown, rice depending upon preference
- Tomatoes, diced
- Green onions or cilantro, diced depending upon preference
- Cucumbers, diced
- Salsa of choice (low sodium is best)
- Diced avocado
Use organic ingredients when possible.
- Put all ingredients on a table in separate bowls and let each person assemble their wraps as they would like.
- Be creative. You can add any additional items you would like in your wrap.