Cold-pressed from the peel of fresh limes, dōTERRA Lime essential oil is refreshing and energizing in both aroma and taste. Limes are frequently used in entrées and beverages for their fresh, citrus flavor. In the 18th century, British sailors drank lime juice daily to prevent scurvy while at sea, thus giving British seamen the nickname “Limeys.” Lime essential oil contains powerful antioxidants that ward off free radicals and enhance immunity. Due to its high limonene content, Lime provides internal cleansing benefits and can be diffused to help purify the air. It’s also an effective and natural surface cleaner. Lime is known for its ability to uplift mood, and balance and energize the mind and body. Lime is frequently used in facial and body cleansers for its purifying properties and uplifting scent.
Lime is cold expressed from peel of the fruit.
The properties of Lime:
When diffused Lime has a fresh, lively fragrance that is stimulating and refreshing. It helps one overcome exhaustion, depression, and listlessness. Although unverifiable, some sources claim that inhaling the oil may stimulate the muscles around the eye.
How to apply Lime:
- Topically – Apply to Vita Flex Points and/or directly on area of concern; diffuse. It makes and excellent addition to bath and shower gels, body lotions, and deodorants. Dilute with dōTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
- Aromatically – Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Internally – Lime oil is generally regarded as safe (GRAS) for human consumption by the FDA. Dilute one drop oil in 1 Tbs. honey or in 4 oz. of beverage (i.e. rice milk). Not for children under 6- years-old; use with caution 6-years-old and over.
- Diffuse to cleanse the air and uplift your mood.
- Put some Lime on a cotton pad to help remove grease spots and sticker residue.
- Add a drop of Lime to your drinking water for enhanced flavor and antioxidants.
- Add 1 drop to your facial cleanser or shampoo for added cleansing properties.
Safety precautions using Lime
Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product.