Another favorite, Lemon essential oil is cold-pressed from lemon rinds to preserve its delicate nature and potent properties. Lemon is known as a powerful aromatic, topical, and internal cleanser that can be used to complement many other oils. Diffusing lemon in a room can cleanse the air and uplift mood. It can also be used on surfaces throughout the home as a non-toxic cleaning booster. Lemon is a powerful cleansing agent that purifies the air, disinfects surfaces, and can be used as a non-toxic cleaner throughout the home. When added to water, Lemon provides a refreshing and healthy boost throughout the day. Lemon is frequently added to food to enhance the flavor of desserts and main dishes. Due to its high limonene content, Lemon is a powerful antioxidant that can help ward off free radicals. Taken internally, Lemon provides cleansing and digestive benefits, can soothe an irritated throat, and supports healthy respiratory function. When diffused, Lemon is very uplifting and energizing and has been shown to improve mood and cognitive ability.
Lemon is cold pressed from lemon rinds.
The properties of Lemon:
What diffused Lemon promotes health, healing, physical energy, and purification. Fragrance is invigorating, enhancing, and warming. Diffuse and take internally to assist with seasonal respiratory discomfort.
How to use Lemon:
- Topically – Can be applied with no dilution to reflex points and directly on area of concern.
- Aromatically – Diffuse lemon essential oil.
- Internally – Dilute one drop oil in 1 tsp. honey or 4 oz. of beverage.
How to apply Lemon:
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with dōTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Safety precautions using Lemon safety
Avoid direct sunlight for up to 12 hours after use. Can cause extreme skin irritation. Do not use as a dietary supplement for children under 6 years old.