It’s true that everything tastes better with bacon. I wasn’t a huge bacon fan (can you believe it!) before I started my health journey. I had a serious sweet tooth and sugar was my go-to drug of choice. Now that I have retrained my taste buds, food like bacon taste pretty good to me. This is a simple recipe for a vegetable side dish with any meal and takes very little time to prepare.
This is a great opportunity to involve the children in cooking. Have them help snap the beans to prepare for cooking. One of the fond memories I have of my mother are the times we would go out on the porch and snap beans together. Little things like that make those memories that we take with us through our lives. Create a memory and help your children learn to love their vegetables by making them part of the cooking process.
- 3 pounds green beans, snapped
- 1 pound bacon (preferably organic, uncured)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Steam the green beans lightly, do not overcook. about 7-8 minutes.
- While the beans are steaming, cook the bacon in wok or large skillet until browned.
- When the beans are steamed, drain any water and place beans in wok.
- Quickly stir fry beans in bacon until done. Do not overcook.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve while hot or pack in individual containers for weekly meals.