Story about the recipe: I served this to my family and nobody noticed the rice was cauliflower. Give it a try. Imagine getting this into your family rotation – at least one day in the week you have them eating more vegetables than you thought possible!
- 4 cups cauliflower “rice”
- 1.5 cups of broccoli
- 3 Tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- ½ red onion
- 3 garlic clove, minced
- 1 inch of fresh ginger, grated
- 3 whole eggs
- Tamari (gluten-free soy sauce), to taste
- Sea salt, to taste
- Use a food processor and pulse the broccoli, carrots and onion until chopped and set aside.
- Pulse the cauliflower in the food processor into tiny pieces (so it resembles white rice).
- In a large skillet, saute the garlic and ginger in coconut oil, over medium heat.
- Add in the carrots, broccoli and onion and a splash of water to prevent sticking, and cook for 5-8 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
- Make a space in the middle of the pan and scramble the eggs.
- Add in the cauliflower rice, along with tamari and salt to taste.
- Stir to combine and heat through, about 3-5 minutes, top with cilantro and serve!
You can add chicken or any veggies you have on hand and/or your family likes.