Make an egg and spinach casserole for a week of breakfast meals that take no time to heat and eat. I make this one on the weekend and package it in containers for the week. Grab and go! I can get on the road with breakfast ready. Heats up in a minute.
- 12 eggs
- 1 pound bulk organic ground sausage
- 1 bunch fresh organic spinach, chopped
- ½ onion, chopped
- 6 oz. heavy cream
- 6 oz. Parmesan or Cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Line a 13 x 9 baking dish with ground sausage to create a bottom layer.
If you prefer, you can precook the sausage to brown it. Otherwise, it will cook while being baked but won't brown.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, cream and cheese.
- Stir in spinach and onion into egg mixture.
- Pour over sausage in baking dish.
- Bake at 375⁰ F for 35 minutes or until eggs are browned and firm.