Happy 4th of July! To celebrate, we are having family over for lunch and a swim. To make enough food for this crowd, I tend to make plenty of extra sides. Today, I made a batch of coleslaw with my own dressing creation. It’s a large batch, so if you have a small crowd, I suggest cutting the recipe in half. You can make your own version by adding whatever salad ingredients you’d like to pair with cabbage.
- 1 large head each of green and red cabbage, shredded
- 6 carrots, shredded
- 1-2 large yellow onions, chopped
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugars, salt and pepper.
- Place a handful or two of the slaw mixture in a bowl and drizzle a small portion of the dressing and stir to combine.
- Continue to add in cabbage and dressing until completely coated.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. for up to three days.