Who doesn’t love a great tasting chicken soup recipe! With the replacement of zucchini for regular noodles makes this Chicken Zoodle Soup. A tummy-satisfying, healthy and free of most common allergens. This recipe is suitable for anyone on a specific diet that rules out the these allergens: gluten, dairy, nuts, soy, casein, nightshade, egg, corn or yeast. If you already have cooked chicken (roasted or slow-cooked), simply add to at the end after the vegetables and noodles are cooked. It’s a great way to use leftover chicken.
- 5-6 cups chicken stock, preferably homemade or organic
- ½ onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 3 carrots, cut into half moons
- 1 pound cooked or raw chicken, thighs or breast
- 2 zucchinis
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- Place the stock, diced onions, celery, carrots and raw chicken thighs or (halved) breasts into a large soup pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Let cook for about 10-15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the carrots are soft. (If you have cooked chicken, add it towards the end once the veggies are cooked.)
- Using a slotted spoon, spoon the chicken out of the pot and place in a bowl. Let cool.
- To make zucchini noodles, cut off the ends of the zucchinis. With a vegetable peeler or a julienne peeler, peel the zucchinis into long strips or use a spializer. Rotate the zucchini in your hand as you go. Keep peeling until you reach the seeds. Set the cores aside for zucchini soup.
- To make the noodles easier to eat, put them in a pile and then cut them into thirds, lengthwise. Place them in the pot and simmer for 5 minutes or until cooked through. Try not to overcook them.
- Once chicken is cool to touch, either chop it up on a cutting board or shred with your fingers or a fork. Place back into the pot.
- Warm through and add salt, pepper and parsley, or any other dried herbs like basil that you prefer.
Weston A. Price/Traditional Foods
Nightshade, Dairy, Gluten and Soy-Free
Gluten, Dairy and Soy-Free
Gluten and Casein-Free
GAPS Intro Diet
7 Common Allergen-Free