Bergamot is the most delicate of the citrus plants, requiring special climate and soil in order to thrive. Italians have used Bergamot for years to reduce tension and stress and to soothe and rejuvenate skin. In Greece, the unripe fruits are used as sweetmeats, eaten by the spoonful as a dessert or with coffee. Bergamot is unique among citrus oils due to its ability to be both uplifting and calming, making it ideal to help with anxiety and depression. It is also purifying and cleansing for the skin, helping with oily skin conditions and promoting a smooth, clear complexion while leaving a calming effect.*
Bergamot is cold pressed from rind or peel of the fruit.
The properties of Bergamot:
When diffused Bergamot helps to relieve anxiety, depression, stress, and tension. It is uplifting and refreshing.
How to apply Bergamot:
- Topically – Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with dōTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
- Aromatically – Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Internally – Dilute one drop oil in 1 tsp. honey or 4 oz. of beverage. Not for children under 6 years old.
- Diffuse in the classroom, at work, or at home when stress levels or tension is high.
- Apply to the skin while showering and inhale deeply to experience its calming aroma while enjoying its purifying skin benefits.
- Change regular tea to Earl Grey with the addition of Bergamot.
- Apply to the feet before bedtime or use with dōTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil for a calming and relaxing massage.
- Add one to two drops to your favorite dōTERRA skin care product for added cleansing properties.
Safety precautions using Bergamot
Repeated use can result in extreme contact sensitization. *Avoid direct sunlight or ultraviolet light for up to 72 hours after use.