Enjoy healthy vegetables and whole grains packed with protein and fiber.
Baked Sweet Potato & Kale Quinoa
- 2 med sweet potatoes
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cup chopped kale, ribs removed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pierce each potato several times with a fork and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 45 minutes until tender.
- While sweet potato is in the oven, boil 2 cups of water and a bay leaf.
- Add dry quinoa and stir.
- Cover and simmer on low for about 15 minutes until water is absorbed.
- In a separate large pan, heat the chopped kale, oil, and garlic on low heat for about 10 minutes until tender.
- Add spices to taste.
- Once potatoes are cooked, set aside to cool, then chop into small cubes.
- Toss the sweet potatoes and quinoa into the kale mixture and serve warm.