Regardless of how you journal, whether it is a diary, notebook or poetry, you will find benefits. It clarifies, prioritizes and sometimes presents grand ideas out of the blue!
It can be very difficult to make time for journaling every day. So here are a few tips to help you.
- Try getting up just a half hour or 20 minutes earlier. This gives you 20-30 minutes of quiet time before the house fully comes alive.
- You might find a few minutes after everyone else is out of the house as well.
- You may find 15 minutes in a coffee shop or juice stop on your way to work gives you the time you need to write, and, will add to the pleasure.
- Take 15 minutes before you start your work routine. Writing is like your morning workout, it is amazing how spending the time can buy you more time through the day. Your head is clearer and you can do your job and handle people more efficiently and effectively.
- You might find it easier to sleep if you take 15 minutes before bed to empty your thoughts in your journal.
Journaling in the morning allows you to clear the cobwebs in your brain. You’ll notice affects almost immediately, it helps to focus you. You will find that you do things that you would have skipped over otherwise. Journaling at night may help to relax you and clarify what happened during the day. Try to journal every day.
It’s generally recognized that it takes 6 months to form this type of habit.
Commit to journaling! Then, tell me what has happened!
Please comment below and share how you journal now!